Saturday, August 9, 2008

Not enough thank-you cards

With all of the baby showers and gifts and everything, we knew we would need millions of thank-you cards, so we bought bunches of them long ago. Only problem is that we underestimated the amount of things we would have to be thankful for. After an old family friend of the Mitchells, Lou Beth Birdwell, brought dinner to us and prayed for us the other day, I realized that fact.

There's another thing I would like to point out here. I was struck this morning by the similarity between our love for Hudson and God's love for us. I was thinking about how the Old Testament says that God created us so that he could share his love with us. It's amazing how closely that statement parallels my feelings about Hudson. Karen and I wanted to have a baby, but why? Because we had so much love in our relationship, we thought we might share it with a little buddy (or budette). And it's surprising how much you can enjoy taking care of someone who's completely dependent on you. It's not a drag--it's actually pure joy!

4 comments:

Lauren Eastburn said...

what a wonderful parallel! :) looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Meve & Co. said...

I loved meeting Hudson today! You are both wonderful parents! Children are definitely precious gifts from God.

Carole said...

Hey y'all! I saw the link to your blog on Byron's facebook so I came to check out the sweet baby. He is precious! We had our first 1 1/2 years ago and it is such an amazing experience! Great pictures of your little one:)

Jennelle and Greg said...

Karen and Byron, Congrats on the new addition to your family! Hudson is adorable!